Thursday, April 24, 2008

Impending Day Trading Resumption

I can hardly wait. In another five hours, approximately, the Forex currency trading markets will start another week of operation.

Will my open trades bust my account? Sure, it's only a SuperMini, but I'd rather not simply throw my money away. On the other hand, perhaps the EURUSD will go up and I'll end up looking like a hero? The suspense is awesome...

I've been doing my best to learn more about Forex trading, reading up at Babypips.com, as mentioned in a previous post. Quite honestly, I'd love to find out that I have the discipline and the ability to be a full time trader. Nothing would please me more than to give up the day job.

Okay, I'm rambling, but if I do blow up my account, I'll fund it again with another $100 deposit. I've only been trading for about half a week now, and I've learned first hand about the importances of stop orders, trailing limits as well as paying attention to when exactly the markets are open.

Hey, I'm sure I can find other ways to screw up, but that is how you learn! Or, on the other hand, if you are reading along, maybe you can learn from a few of my mistakes and save yourself from some costly early mistakes. Tick, tick, tick. Can I trade yet?

I should also mention that I am interested in having multiple simultaneous accounts. You see, while I am day trading right now, I am also interested in trading over longer periods of time. Both types of trading involve different risks and potentially a different level of capitalization to remain in the market. Also, the trading platform I am using will close out a position if the opposite trade is made, which could close out what was supposed to be a long term position.Look, only 4 hours and 45 minutes remaining until trading time...

No comments: